|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
FLAT SORTING MACHINE OPERATOR (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2315-20XX
Operates a single or multi-position, electro-mechanical operator paced flat sorting machine in the distribution of flats as directs, alphabetical or geographic groupings, by reading address on each flat and applying approved machine distribution techniques.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reads address on each piece of mail. Depresses proper key/keys to enable the machine to divert each piece of mail to the proper destination. Applies a high degree of manual and visual coordination and close visual attention for sustained periods.
2. May serve for a portion of the time, on a rotation basis, as a loader and/or sweeper/tyer. As a loader: culls mail to remove nonmachineable pieces and loads mail onto ledges for processing. As a sweeper/tyer: removes mail from separations in the machine; verifies sorted mail for accuracy; ties mail into bundles or dispatches direct to sacks, pouches or other containers.
3. May perform manual distribution, not limited to flats, as required.
4. May operate other mail sorting machines using similar keypad after completion of appropriate training.
5. Performs other job-related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 2315-20XX|