|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
FLAT SORTING MACHINE OPERATOR (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2315-20XX
BARGAINING UNIT QUALIFICATION STANDARD
FLAT SORTING MACHINE OPERATOR
DOCUMENT DATE: MARCH 16, 2019
Operates a single or multi-position operator paced electro-mechanical machine in the distribution of flats requiring the knowledge and application of approved machine distribution, consisting of the distribution of only directs, alphabetical, or geographical grouping by reading the address on each flat. Must demonstrate operation of machine at 45 items per minute, with an accuracy rate of 98 percent.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
See the Standard Position Description for the Occupation Code given above.
This section is composed of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) which are required to satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position. Applicants must demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each KSA, to include at least minimum competency for senior-qualified positions to enable them to perform these tasks satisfactorily. Applicants demonstrate these levels by describing examples of experience, education, or training, any of which may be non-postal. Ratings are based on the demonstration of the level of possession of each of the KSAs. Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying.
1. Ability to work without immediate supervision refers to the safe and efficient performance of duties of the position such as planning and executing work activities without direct supervision.
2. Ability to work with others refers to working in cooperation with fellow employees to efficiently perform the duties of the position.
3. Ability to observe and act on visual information such as names, addresses, numbers, and shapes.
4. Ability to learn and recall pairings of addresses with numbers, letters, or positions.
5. Ability to sequence refers to placing mail (parcels, sacks, pouches) in the proper numerical, alphabetical, or geographic order, including by ZIP Code or directs.
6. Ability to perform routine troubleshooting, such as removing jams.
Applicants must successfully complete the Virtual Entry Assessment MP (476).
Employees must complete the appropriate training program for the flat sorting machine operation. Employees must demonstrate the ability to key at 45 items per minute with 98 percent accuracy.
Applicants must be physically able to perform efficiently the duties of the position. Applicants must have vision of 20/40 (Snellen) in one eye; near acuity of 7 or higher either eye (Titmus or Bausch and Lomb); and the ability to read without strain printed material the size of typewritten characters. Corrective lenses are permitted. Ability to distinguish basic colors and shades is desirable.
Flat Sorting Machine Operators must work their assigned tour and days of work often within an industrial plant environment. Flat Sorting Machine Operators must follow Postal Service policies and procedures for personal conduct at work, including adhering to rules and regulations.
|Doc Date: 03/16/2019||Occ Code: 2315-20XX|