|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
VEHICLE OPERATIONS ASST BULK MAIL (P7-08)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2150-03XX
Performs control functions related to truck arrivals, registration, and dispatches at a Bulk Mail Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assigns arriving vehicles to unloading, loading, or yard locations.
2. Controls the movement of vehicles in and out of the bulk mail center by issuing yard assignments and gate passes to the vehicle operators.
3. Ascertains that inbound and outbound vehicles conform to schedules to ensure prompt receipt and dispatch of mail; and reports any discrepancies to the transportation analyst.
4. Checks documents on incoming vehicles to assure their accuracy.
5. Enters information into the computer control system on vehicles coming from non-PSDS locations.
6. Prepares and maintains required records and reports.
7. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor, Transportaion Operations, or other designated supervisor.
Senior Qualified when filled from Tractor-Trailer Operator (Lvl 6), 5756-01XX, SP 5-22. Best Qualified when filled from any other position.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 03/18/2006||Occ Code: 2150-03XX|