|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
VEHICLE OPERATIONS ASST BULK MAIL (P7-08)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2150-03XX
BARGAINING UNIT QUALIFICATION STANDARD
VEHICLE OPERATIONS ASSISTANT, BULK MAILS
DOCUMENT DATE: March 18, 2006
Performs control functions related to truck arrivals, registration, and dispatches at a bulk mail center.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
See the Standard Position Description for the Occupation Code given above.
This section is composed of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) which are required to satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position. Applicants must demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each KSA, to include at least minimum competency for senior-qualified positions to enable them to perform these tasks satisfactorily. Applicants demonstrate these levels by describing examples of experience, education, or training, any of which may be non-postal. Ratings are based on the demonstration of the level of possession of each of the KSAs. Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying.
1. Ability to work without immediate supervision.
2. Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
3. Ability to perform effectively under the pressures of the position.
4. Ability to operate office machines such as calculator, adding machine, duplicating machine, or any other office equipment as appropriate to the position.
5. Ability to personally resolve problems of a routine nature.
6. Ability to understand and comply with written and verbal instructions and give understandable information in verbal and written form.
7. Ability to analyze, explain, and apply laws, regulations, rulings, and procedures pertinent to the work to be performed.
8. Ability to work with others.
9. Ability to schedule work, either materials or people.
1. Applicants must have two years of general office type experience.
2. Successful completion of a full 4-year high school course including credits in commercial or business subjects such as general business education, business arithmetic, and office practices OR successful completion of a full academic year of 36 weeks of business school may be substituted for two years of general experience.
3. In addition, applicants must have six months of specialized experience performing computer input or familiarity with dispatching type functions.
Note: Substitution of education for specialized experience is not appropriate for this position. The required amount of experience will not in itself be accepted as proof of qualification. The applicant's record of experience and training must show the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Applicants must be physically able to perform efficiently the duties of the position. Applicants must have vision of 20/40 (Snellen) in one eye and the ability to read without strain printed material the size of typewritten characters is required. Corrective lenses are permitted. Applicants will be required to hear the conversational voice; hearing aids are permitted.
The Postal Service may require applicants who qualify under this standard to satisfactorily complete a prescribed training course prior to assignment, reassignment, or promotion to this position. This information will be provided in the vacancy announcement posted at the installation.
|Doc Date: 03/18/2006||Occ Code: 2150-03XX|