|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
OCCUPATION CODE: 2040-0003
Requisitions, receives, stores, issues, and accounts for a wide variety of parts, tools, and supplies. This position provides services for U. S. Postal Service Headquarters facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Selects, issues, and accounts for supply items, maintains follow-up on items to be returned; fills requisitions from within the organization, utilizing knowledge of the use of stock and familiarity with maintenance operations. Refers to catalogs, parts lists and supplies to supply proper items of stock.
2. Prepares and submits requisitions as necessary to maintain prescribed levels of mechanical, electrical, engineering, and custodial stock items; requisitions special items on request.
3. Receives, unloads, unpacks, and checks stock against corresponding requisitions and invoices; reconciles variations in quality, specifications, and conditions, stores shipments received as well as returned items.
4. Relocates stock to make room for new items or to utilize space more effectively.
5. Inventories stock on hand either on a perpetual, periodic, or special basis; traces shortages; searches for misplaced items; recommends changes in stock levels based upon usage experience. Assists in developing and applying inventory controls.
6. Maintains stock records showing such information as nomenclature, stock number, stock levels, location, receipts, issues, and balances on hand; performs other record keeping functions such as filling out tags and issuing documents. Prepares property record cards for accountable property. Assigns and attached property code numbers to accountable property.
7. Operates an electric truck and jack to move and unload supplies.
8. Occasionally performs other job-related tasks as assigned.
Reports to the Supervisor, Maintenance.
Senior Qualified when filled from the same level and occupational group (preferred duty assignment). Best Qualified when filled from any other position.
|Doc Date: 11/16/2012||Occ Code: 2040-0003|