|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
TECHNOLOGY TRAINING SPECIALIST (N2-23)
OCCUPATION CODE: 1710-0012
Provides support for technical training functions within an Information Systems Service Center (ISSC). Maintains a specific skills inventory for ISSC employees. Serves as a source of information for employees to obtain training/technology skills required at an ISSC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Participates in the creation and maintains a list of skills sets that reflect current and future ISSC computer systems analyst/programmer requirements for the USPS.
2. Assures that an Individual Development Plan is developed for each ISSC bargaining unit employee. Monitors formal training and development assignments for each Individual Development Plan to ensure that it supports current business needs.
3. Provides information and assistance on the appropriate programming languages to enhance bargaining unit employees' technical portfolios.
4. Coordinates and maintains a skills inventory for each ISSC bargaining unit employee and develops recommendations to streamline and improve system capabilities.
5. Coordinates training activities for ISSC employees and assures that the training process is consistent with the business needs of the ISSC.
6. Provides technical tutoring to lower level bargaining unit employees who need assistance in developing technical skills required to meet the business needs of the ISSC.
7. Evaluates training programs to ensure that training conducted is the most cost effective alternative to meet the ISSC business needs.
8. Monitors training applicable to the Tuition Reimbursement Program in place for ISSC bargaining unit employees.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Manager to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 10/04/2014||Occ Code: 1710-0012|