|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN (IT/ASC-13)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0544-0009
Process a variety of payroll transactions and/or adjustments to ensure accurate employee payments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reviews documents/reports, performs calculations, validates and inputs transactions to maintian emploee's master payroll records. Maintains subject files and logs for the processing of payroll related functions and ensureses the files are in order and complete.
2. Monitors file maintenance and adjustment processing to ensure accurate employee payments and benefit accounts. Reviews error reports produced during the processing of pay-related adjustments and change transactions for employee's payroll and benefit accounts.
3. Reviews, researches, and processes field generated adjustment requests to an employee's pay, leave and/or miscellaneous withholdings.
4. Prepares and processes internal documents to adjust an employee's pay, leave and/or miscellaneous withholdings. Prepares informal correspondence to employees concerning internally generated changes to an employee's payroll and benefits account.
5. Processes special payroll for Postmasters, Rural Carriers, and other specialized employee categories, including suspense registers for employees in non-duty, non-pay status.
6. Inputs, retrieves, and corrects other data using a personal computer desktop workstation connected to a fully integrated Local Area Network.
7. Processes Internal Revenue Service tax levies, garnishments, child support withholding orders, other agency debts and other pay withholdings; processes duplicate wage statements.
8. Has occasional contact with employee customers, representatives of other government agencies and financial organizations regarding employee payroll and benefit accounts. Provides technical assistance to field employees and other USPS personnel regarding payroll related issues. Documents and resolves problems and customer inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
9. Processes back pay claim computations both direct and indirect, Office of Worker's compensation Program cases, payments due deceased employee's estates.
10. Prepares accounts receivable and set-off authorizations.
11. Performs other job related tasks, as assigned, in support of primary duties.
Supervisor or manager of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 03/01/2008||Occ Code: 0544-0009|