|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN (IT/ASC-13)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0544-0009
BARGAINING UNIT QUALIFICATION STANDARD
DOCUMENT DATE: March 13, 2008
Process a variety of payroll transactions and/or adjustments to ensure accurate employee payments.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
See the Standard Position Descriptions for the Occupation Codes given above.
REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
This section is composed of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) which are required to satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position. Applicants must demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each KSA to enable them to perform these tasks satisfactorily. Applicants demonstrate these levels by describing examples of experience, education, or training any of which may be non-postal. Ratings are based on the demonstration of the level of possession of each of the KSAs, taking into account provision of Article 33 of the Information Technology/Accounting Service Centers collective bargaining agreement. Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying.
1. Knowledge of computer systems and accounting/payroll applications at a level sufficient to process transactions, query data, obtain information and create reports.
2. Ability to process accounting and/or payroll related transactions and maintain records or sub-ledgers in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to achieve timely and accurate financial reporting.
3. Ability to communicate orally and in writing to express ideas or facts clearly and logically when answering questions, giving directions, and providing information.
4. Ability to comprehend and execute oral instructions to complete work tasks and job assignments.
5. Ability to work cooperatively with people and interact positively with customers and co-workers, exercising courtesy, etiquette, and self- control.
6. Ability to work with limited supervision to independently plan and execute work activities, check work for completeness and accuracy, and meet established time commitments.
Applicants must successfully complete Postal Service Test 741.
Applicant must be physically able to perform efficiently the duties of the position.
|Doc Date: 01/01/2014||Occ Code: 0544-0009|