|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
COMPUTER SYSTEMS OPER JR (PDC) (IT/ASC-08)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0332-3005
Assists and trains in duties of progressively increasing responsibility in computer systems operation preparatory to assuming complete operational assignments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists in work preparatory to computer printout operation; checks tape availability and schedules; inserts proper cards and forms in equipment; performs other similar duties preliminary to equipment operation.
2. Operates computer and peripheral equipment under close direction initially, with progressively less specific direction as training progress dictates.
3. Checks the preliminary printout requirements and the completed forms for accuracy and makes minor corrections.
4. Assists in making tests of equipment and in new or revised program applications.
5. Suggests program and operational improvement changes.
6. Prepares report information and maintains operating records.
7. Has occasional contacts with manufacturer representatives to explain equipment operational difficulties and failures.
8. Occasionally performs other job related tasks in support of the primary duties.
Supervisor or manager of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 10/31/1986||Occ Code: 0332-3005|