BARGAINING UNIT QUALIFICATION STANDARD
(5704-1003) FORKLIFT OPERATOR (SUPPLY CENTER)
May 22, 2013
Operates either electrical or gasoline-powered mobile forklift truck
which requires the operator to sit or stand on the equipment.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
See the Standard Position Description for the Occupation Code given
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
This section is composed of
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) which are required to
satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position. Applicants must
demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each KSA, to include
at least minimum competency for senior-qualified positions to enable
them to perform these tasks satisfactorily. Applicants demonstrate
these levels by describing examples of experience, education, or
training, any of which may be non-postal. Ratings are based on the
demonstration of the level of possession of each of the KSAs.
Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying.
1. Ability to safely perform duties common to the position.
2. Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment.
3. Ability to work without immediate supervision.
4. Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc.
5. Ability to understand and comply with written and verbal
instructions and give understandable information in verbal and written
6. Ability to work with others.
7. Ability to operate a forklift while sitting or standing, both
indoors and outside.
Applicant must be physically able to perform
efficiently the duties of the position.
1. Applicants must be proficient at operating a forklift in confined
areas, over smooth and rough surfaces, and at estimating weights and
negotiable space limitations.
2. Applicants must have a valid state driver's license, and demonstrate
and maintain a safe driving record. Applicants must pass the Postal
Service road test to show the ability to safely drive a vehicle of the
type used on the job.