Receives inbound, and responds to outbound, customer contacts including
but not limited to voice, emails and online chat; provides information,
technical advice and program guidance related to complex inquiries on
USPS products and services including specialty products to residential
and small business customers.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
See the Standard Position Description for the Occupation Code given
This section is composed of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
which are required to satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position.
Applicants must demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each
KSA, to include at least minimum competency for senior-qualified
positions to enable them to perform these tasks satisfactorily.
Applicants demonstrate these levels by describing examples of
experience, education, or training, any of which may be non-postal.
Ratings are based on the demonstration of the level of possession of
each of the KSAs. Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying.
1. Ability to work with USPS customers in a polite, courteous, and
2. Ability to manage difficult customer situations, to respond
promptly to the needs of the customer, and perform under pressure of the
3. Ability to communicate orally sufficient to express ideas or
facts clearly and logically when answering questions, giving
instructions or explaining Postal products and services.
4. Ability to use a computer, keyboard and a mouse to retrieve
information to respond to customer inquiries and complaints by phone,
email and chat.
5. Ability to use written and electronic reference tools, manuals,
and the internet/intranet to search and retrieve information on a
6. Ability to interpret and provide guidance and feedback related to
bi-lateral agreements including identifying requirements, maintaining
service levels, and determining contract/payment obligations.
7. Ability to resolve complex problems from customers and monitor
the status of outstanding problems.
8. Ability to work cross-functionally with USPS departments in
support of resolving customer issues.
9. Ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously while
providing technical guidance, including troubleshooting and offering
solutions to problems.
10. Ability to listen attentively on an ongoing basis, comprehends,
capture as well as interpret basic customer information.
11. Ability to use a computer to compile and summarize oral or
written information, input or log customer information into an automated
information system, and route more complex problems to higher levels for
12. Ability to evaluate information provided by customers to
determine the nature of inquiry or complaint, and identify an
appropriate solution within established service standards and
1. Translates inbound and outbound calls in Chinese, French and
Spanish; confirms customer understanding of the inquiry and provide
additional customer education as needed.
Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of
the position with or without reasonable accommodation.