Receives initial inbound customer contacts, including but not limited to
voice, emails and online chat; provides information to customers on
standard USPS products and services.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
See the Standard Position Description for the Occupation Code given
This section is composed of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
which are required to satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position.
Applicants must demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each
KSA, to include at least minimum competency for senior-qualified
positions to enable them to perform these tasks satisfactorily.
Applicants demonstrate these levels by describing examples of
experience, education, or training, any of which may be non-postal.
Ratings are based on the demonstration of the level of possession of
each of the KSAs. Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying.
1. Ability to work with USPS customers in a polite, courteous, and
2. Ability to work cooperatively with customers and co-workers and
adapt to varying personalities, situations and perform under pressure of
3. Ability to communicate orally sufficient to express ideas or
facts clearly and logically when answering questions, giving
instructions or explaining Postal products and services.
4. Ability to use a computer, keyboard and a mouse to retrieve
information to respond to customer inquiries and complaints.
5. Ability to use written and electronic reference tools, manuals,
and the internet/intranet to search and retrieve information on a
6. Ability to listen attentively on an ongoing basis, comprehends,
and capture as well as interpret basic customer information.
7. Ability to use a computer sufficient to input or log customer
information into an automated information system and route more complex
problems to higher levels for resolution.
8. Ability to evaluate information provided by customers to
determine the nature of inquiry or complaint, and identify an
appropriate solution within established service standards and
Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of
the position with or without reasonable accommodation.