October 10, 2014
Performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties related to
stamps and stamp product orders, subscription services, deposit accounts
and customer account maintenance.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
See the Standard Position Description for the Occupation Code given
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
This section is composed
of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) which are required to
satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position.
1. Knowledge of word processing systems refers to the function of
components in a word processing system and an understanding of
techniques and procedures used for input, revision, editing, formatting,
2. Calculating skill with speed and accuracy refers to operating
calculators, adding machines, and similar keypad operated equipment for
tasks involving tallying, computing, or recording numerical figures.
3. Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
4. Ability to resolve personally problems of a routine nature.
5. Ability to give understandable information in verbal and written
6. Ability to follow oral instructions.
7. Ability to work without immediate supervision.
8. Ability to work and deal with people refers to working in
cooperation and interacting positively with customers and coworkers,
exercising courtesy, etiquette, and self-control.
1. Applicants must demonstrate clerical and verbal abilities by
successful completion of Postal Service Test 710.
2. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to type at a net rate of
45 words per minute in a 5 minutes test. This must be demonstrated by
successful completion of Postal Service Test 712.
Applicants must be able to perform the physical requirements of the
position with or without reasonable accommodation.