Operates either electrical or gasoline-powered mobile forklift truck
which requires the operator to sit or stand on the equipment.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
See the Standard Position Description for the Occupation Code given
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
This section is composed of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
which are required to satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position.
Applicants must demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each
KSA, to include at least minimum competency for senior-qualified
positions to enable them to perform these tasks satisfactorily.
Applicants demonstrate these levels by describing examples of
experience, education, or training, any of which may be non-postal.
Ratings are based on the demonstration of the level of possession of
each of the KSAs. Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying.
1. Ability to safely perform duties common to the position.
2. Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment.
3. Ability to work without immediate supervision.
4. Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc.
5. Ability to understand and comply with written and verbal
instructions and give understandable information in verbal and
6. Ability to work with others.
7. Ability to operate a forklift while sitting or standing, both
indoors and outside.
Applicant must be physically able to perform efficiently the duties of
the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Applicants must be proficient at operating a forklift in confined
areas, over smooth and rough surfaces, and at estimating weights and
negotiable space limitations.
2. Applicants must have a valid state driver's license, and
demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record.