BARGAINING UNIT QUALIFICATION STANDARD
(2340-24XX) POSTAGE DUE TECHNICIAN
MARCH 9, 2010
For approximately 75 percent or more of the scheduled daily tour, works
alone or serves as a working leader to one or more employees on a tour,
engaged in distributing, weighing, computing and processing all classes
and types of postage due mail; maintains accounts and records; and
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
See the Standard Position Description for the Occupation Code given
This section is composed of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
which are required to satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position.
Applicants must demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each
KSA, to include at least minimum competency for senior-qualified
positions to enable them to perform these tasks satisfactorily.
Applicants demonstrate these levels by describing examples of
experience, education, or training, any of which may be non-postal.
Ratings are based on the demonstration of the level of possession of
each of the KSAs. Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying.
1. Ability to work without immediate supervision.
2. Ability to use reference materials and manuals relevant to the
3. Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
4. Ability to perform effectively under the pressures of the
5. Ability to perform basic arithmetic computations.
6. Ability to operate office machines such as calculator, adding
machine, duplicating machine, or any other office equipment as
appropriate to the position.
7. Ability to personally resolve problems of a routine nature.
8. Ability to understand and comply with written and verbal
instructions and give understandable information in verbal and
9. Ability to analyze, explain, and apply laws, regulations,
rulings, and procedures pertinent to the work to be performed.
10. Ability to work with others.
Applicants must successfully complete Postal Service Test 473, which
includes the following measures of job-related knowledge, skills, and
A. Address Checking
B. Forms Completion
C. Coding & Memory
D. Personal Characteristics and Experience Inventory
Applicants must successfully complete the appropriate training program.
Applicant must be physically able to perform efficiently the duties of
Postage Due Technicians must work their assigned tour and days of work
often within an industrial plant environment. Postage Due Technicians
must follow Postal Service policies and procedures for personal conduct
at work, including adhering to rules and regulations.