BARGAINING UNIT QUALIFICATION STANDARD
(2340-06XX) POSTAGE DUE CLERK
MARCH 9, 2010
Distributes, weighs, computes, and processes all classes and types of
postage due mail; maintains accounts and records; and submits reports.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
See the Standard Position Description for the Occupation Code given
This section is composed of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
which are required to satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position.
Applicants must demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each
KSA, to include at least minimum competency for senior-qualified
positions to enable them to perform these tasks satisfactorily.
Applicants demonstrate these levels by describing examples of
experience, education, or training, any of which may be non-postal.
Ratings are based on the demonstration of the level of possession of
each of the KSAs. Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying.
1. Ability to work without immediate supervision.
2. Ability to use reference materials and manuals relevant to the
3. Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
4. Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc.
5. Ability to perform basic arithmetic computations.
6. Ability to operate office machines such as calculator, adding
machine, duplicating machine, or any other office equipment as
appropriate to the position.
7. Ability to personally resolve problems of a routine nature.
8. Ability to work with others.
Applicants must successfully complete Postal Service Test 473, which
includes the following measures of job-related knowledge, skills, and
A. Address Checking
B. Forms Completion
C. Coding & Memory
D. Personal Characteristics and Experience Inventory
Applicants must successfully complete the appropriate training program.
Applicant must be physically able to perform efficiently the duties of
Postage Due Clerks must work their assigned tour and days of work often
within an industrial plant environment. Postage Due Clerks must follow
Postal Service policies and procedures for personal conduct at work,
including adhering to rules and regulations.