BARGAINING UNIT QUALIFICATION STANDARD
(2340-02XX) DISTRIBUTION AND WINDOW CLERK
September 8, 2009
Performs a combination of the basic functions of a distribution clerk
and a window clerk in a post office with 190 or more revenue units or in
a classified branch or station.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
See the Standard Position Description for the Occupation Code given
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
This section is composed
of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) which are required to
satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position. Applicants must
demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each KSA, to include
at least minimum competency for senior-qualified positions to enable
them to perform these tasks satisfactorily. Applicants demonstrate
these levels by describing examples of experience, education, or
training, any of which may be non-postal. Ratings are based on the
demonstration of the level of possession of each of the KSAs. Failure
to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying.
1. Safety in performance of duties common to the position.
2. Ability to use reference materials and manuals.
3. Ability to prepare and maintain records as required by the
position to which assigned.
4. Ability to perform basic arithmetic computations.
5. Ability to work with others.
6. Ability to read, understand, and apply postal regulations and
other written instructions.
7. General familiarity with postal regulations and procedures
commonly used in processing mail undelivered, as addressed.
8. Ability to learn to operate mimeograph type machines and to
perform routine maintenance tasks.
Applicants must meet or have met the
competitive requirements for assignment to clerk positions.
Applicant must be physically able to perform
efficiently the duties of the position.
1. If required by the needs of the position, applicants must have
either (a) qualified within the past three years on the essential scheme
or schemes used in the unit to which they will be assigned; or (b) if
not currently qualified on the essential schemes, must qualify within 90
2. As incumbents of these positions may serve as representatives of
the Postal Service to the public, it is essential that they present a
neat appearance and have demonstrated the ability to maintain pleasant
and effective working relations with customers.