1. This position requires a High Risk (BI) security clearance.
Applicants offered employment in this position will be required to
provide fingerprints and complete the appropriate documents to
obtain the clearance prior to placement.
2. Applicants must pass written Examination 630.
3. Applicants must possess a valid state driver license issued in the
state in which they reside and have a safe driving record for two
(2) years or more.
4. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the closing date of
5. Applicants must be citizens of the United States of America.
Verification is required.
6. Applicants (if not currently an Inspection Service employee) must
pass a drug screening test. Applicants who qualify on Examination
630 and are in the area of consideration for employment will be
scheduled for a drug test and applicants offered employment will be
scheduled for a medical examination.
7. Applicants must be physically able to effectively perform the duties
of the position.
8. Applicants must successfully complete an extensive training course
which includes qualification in the use of firearms.