BARGAINING UNIT QUALIFICATION STANDARD
(2315-99XX) BULK MAIL DOCK CLERK
February 23, 2013
Performs various technical and clerical assignments involving the
trailer movement of mail in and out of a bulk mail facility.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
See the Standard Position Description for the Occupation Code given
This section is composed of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
which are required to satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position.
Applicants must demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each
KSA, to include at least minimum competency for senior-qualified
positions to enable them to perform these tasks satisfactorily.
Applicants demonstrate these levels by describing examples of
experience, education, or training, any of which may be non-postal.
Ratings are based on the demonstration of the level of possession of
each of the KSAs. Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying.
1. Ability to work without immediate supervision.
2. Ability to use reference materials and manuals.
3. Safety in performance of duties common to the position.
4. Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
5. Ability to instruct.
6. Ability to perform basic arithmetic computations.
7. Ability to follow directions in a shop.
8. Ability to work with others.
9. Ability to schedule and dispatch.
Applicants must successfully complete Postal Service Test 473, which
includes the following measures of job-related knowledge, skills, and
A. Address Checking
B. Forms Completion
C. Coding & Memory
D. Personal Characteristics and Experience Inventory
Applicants must be able to perform the physical requirements of the
position with or without reasonable accommodation.