Monitors the operations of sorting and conveyor systems and ensures
consistent and efficient mail flow throughout the facility and across
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
See the Standard Position Descriptions for the Occupation Codes given
This section is composed of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
which are required to satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position.
Applicants must demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each
KSA, to include at least minimum competency for senior-qualified
positions to enable them to perform these tasks satisfactorily.
Applicants demonstrate these levels by describing examples of
experience, education, or training, any of which may be non-postal.
Ratings are based on the demonstration of the level of possession of
each of the KSAs. Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying.
1. Knowledge of mail flow control systems.
2. Knowledge of the mail flow process throughout a facility.
3. Ability to communicate orally and in writing with people at
different levels within the organization.
4. Ability to integrate and understand information from different
5. Ability to read and interpret data.
6. Ability to use judgment and make decisions.
7. Ability to work independently without immediate supervision.
8. Skill using computer software applications such as spreadsheets,
databases, and email.
Applicants must successfully complete Postal Service Test 473, which
includes the following measures of job-related knowledge, skills, and
A. Address Checking
B. Forms Completion
C. Coding & Memory
D. Personal Characteristics and Experience Inventory
Applicant must successfully complete the prescribed training.
Applicants must be able to perform the physical requirements of the
position with or without reasonable accommodation.