BARGAINING UNIT QUALIFICATION STANDARD
(0334-0140) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ANALYST/PROGAMMER ASSOCIATEÂ?IT/ASC
DOCUMENT DATE: March 13, 2008
Work alone or as part of a team on small, moderately complex projects,
assisting higher level analysts/programmers in the analysis, evaluation,
development and maintenance of computer programs, systems, and
procedures used to process data.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
See the Standard Position Descriptions for the Occupation Codes given
This section is composed of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
which are required to satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position.
Applicants must demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each
KSA, to include at least minimum competency for senior-qualified
positions to enable them to perform these tasks satisfactorily.
Applicants demonstrate these levels by describing examples of
experience, education, or training, any of which may be non-postal.
Ratings are based on the demonstration of the level of possession of
each of the KSAs. Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying.
1. Knowledge of application development, such as WEB, batch, and
2. Knowledge of industry-standard software development life cycle
3. Ability to use relational database technology.
4. Experience writing, editing and updating programs in support of
software applications, using one or more programming languages such as
JAVA, SQL, COBOL and/or Visual Basic.
5. Experience testing, debugging and repairing programs sufficient to
meet software specifications.
6. Ability to solve problems using analytical skills.
7. Ability to work without immediate supervision.
8. Ability to work with others in a team environment.
9. Ability to read and understand job-related materials such as
instructions, specifications, references and manuals.
10. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
Applicant must be physically able to perform efficiently the duties of