Applicant must demonstrate the ability to key
data on a computer terminal at a rate of 25 correct lines within five
minutes. This must be demonstrated by successful completion of Postal
Service Test 714 at the low standard.
BARGAINING UNIT QUALIFICATION STANDARD
(2040-11XX) STOREKEEPER, AUTOMOTIVE PARTS
November 30, 2003
Responsible for ordering, receiving, storing and issuing parts, tools,
and related equipment and material used in maintaining government-owned
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
See the Standard Position Description, for the Occupation Code given
This section is composed of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
which are required to satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position.
Applicants must demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each
KSA, to include at least minimum competency for senior-qualified
positions to enable them to perform these tasks satisfactorily.
Applicants demonstrate these levels by describing examples of
experience, education, or training, any of which may be non-postal.
Ratings are based on the demonstration of the level of possession of
each of the KSAs. Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying.
1. Ability to work without immediate supervision.
2. Ability to use reference materials and manuals.
3. Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
4. Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc.
5. Ability to use computing and trade mathematics (mechanical).
6. Ability to work with others.
7. Ability to organize and arrange a stockroom.
8. Ability to evaluate needs of the unit and other equipment as
9. Ability to control records of receipt and issue.
Applicants must demonstrate the ability to key data on a computer
terminal at a rate of 25 correct lines within five minutes. This must be
demonstrated by successful completion of Postal Service Test 714 at the
low standard. Certificates of proficiency are not acceptable.
Applicants must be physically able to perform efficiently the duties of
the position. Applicants must have vision of 20/40 (Snellen) in one eye
and the ability to read without strain printed material the size of
typewritten characters is required. Corrective lenses are permitted.
Applicants will be required to hear the conversational voice; hearing
aids are permitted.