1. Knowledge of the TACS application and other timekeeping systems.
2. Ability to comprehend and execute oral instructions to complete
work tasks and job assignments.
3. Ability to work cooperatively with people and interact positively
with customers and co-workers exercising courtesy, etiquette and self-
4. Ability to work with limited supervision to independently plan
and execute work activities, check work for completeness and accuracy
and meet established time commitments.
5. Ability to efficiently exchange information and coordinate the
work tasks of others, to meet unit objectives.
6. Ability to communicate orally and in writing sufficient to write
instructions and guidelines, disseminate TACS information to local
users, train users as necessary, and report local problems to the
appropriate Headquarters organization.
Applicants must demonstrate basic computer skills. This must be
demonstrated by successful completion of Postal Service Test 718.
Applicants must be able to perform the physical requirements of the
position with or without reasonable accommodation.