Uses Shared Services Help Desk tools to provide technical assistance to
the Field Supervisors and Managers entering authorizations/corrections
to employee records in the Time and Attendance Collection System (TACS)
and related applications. Utilizes TACS reports to monitor data inputs
in order to ensure compliance with time and attendance regulations.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
See the Standard Position Description for the Occupation Code given
1. Knowledge of computer systems at a level sufficient to operate
keyboard devices, input data, and obtain reports and information.
2. Ability to compare names, letters, or numbers for accuracy and
completeness sufficient to examine alphabetic, alphanumeric, and/or
numeric codes for the purpose of identifying similarities and
differences with a comparison word or code.
3. Ability to arrange letters, numbers, and/or data in sequence,
such as filing and retrieving by numeric or alphabetic order.
4. Ability to communicate orally and in writing sufficient to
express ideas or facts clearly and logically when answering questions,
giving directions, and providing information.
5. Ability to work and deal with people sufficient to work in
cooperation and interact positively with customers and co-workers
exercising courtesy, etiquette, and self-control.
6. Ability to follow oral instructions sufficient to comprehend and
execute spoken instructions or directions for performing work tasks or
7. Ability to work without immediate supervision sufficient to
independently plan and execute work activities and check work for
completeness and accuracy.
Applicants must demonstrate basic computer skills. This must be
demonstrated by successful completion of Postal Service Test 718.
Applicants must be physically able to perform efficiently the duties of
the position with or without reasonable accommodation.