BARGAINING UNIT QUALIFICATION STANDARD
(0525-0003) ACCOUNTING SUPPORT SPECIALIST SR
March 13, 2008
Oversees, coordinates, and performs technical functions in support of
the accounting help desk. Provides support for the full range of all
potential inquiries related to accounting procedures and processing
assuring that complex problems are resolved.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
See the Standard Position Descriptions for the Occupation Codes given
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
This section is composed
of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) which are required to
satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position. Applicants must
demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each KSA to enable
them to perform these tasks satisfactorily. Applicants demonstrate these
levels by describing examples of experience, education, or training any
of which may be non-postal. Ratings are based on the demonstration of
the level of possession of each of the KSAs, taking into account
provision of Article 33 of the Information Technology/Accounting Service
Centers collective bargaining agreement. Failure to demonstrate any KSA
1. Knowledge of computer systems and accounting applications at a level
sufficient to input and query data and obtain reports/information.
2. Ability to evaluate information provided by customer to determine
nature of various types of accounting related problems and to identify
an appropriate solution within established service standards.
3. Ability to communicate orally and in writing to express ideas or
facts clearly and logically when answering questions, giving directions,
and providing information.
4. Ability to comprehend and execute oral instructions to complete work
tasks and job assignments.
5. Ability to work cooperatively with people and interact positively
with customers and co-workers, exercising courtesy, etiquette, and self-
6. Ability to work with limited supervision to independently plan and
execute work activities, check work for completeness and accuracy, and
meet established time commitments.
7. Ability to efficiently exchange information and coordinate the work
tasks of others to meet unit objectives.
8. Ability to perform analysis to identify application and accounting
system problems and make recommendations for improvement.
Applicants must successfully complete Postal Service Test 744.
Applicant must be physically able to perform efficiently the duties of