BARGAINING UNIT QUALIFICATION STANDARD
(0334-0141) COMPUTER SYSTEMS DEVELOPER, SENIORÂ?IT/ASC
March 13, 2008
Works as team leader on large, complex computer program/system projects,
leading the analysis, design, development, integration, enhancement,
application, maintenance and support functions, providing subject matter
expertise and technical direction.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
See the Standard Position Descriptions for the Occupation Codes given
This section is composed of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
which are required to satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position.
Applicants must demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each
KSA, to include at least minimum competency for senior-qualified
positions to enable them to perform these tasks satisfactorily.
Applicants demonstrate these levels by describing examples of
experience, education, or training, any of which may be non-postal.
Ratings are based on the demonstration of the level of possession of
each of the KSAs. Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying.
1. Knowledge of application development, such as WEB, batch, and
2. Knowledge of industry-standard software development life cycle
3. Ability to use relational database technology.
4. Experience defining requirements and design specifications, creating
conceptual, logical and physical design using case models, component
models, and physical models.
5. Experience writing, editing and updating programs in support of
software applications, using one or more programming languages such as
JAVA, SQL, COBOL and/or Visual Basic.
6. Experience testing, debugging and repairing programs sufficient to
meet software specifications.
7. Experience developing system specifications to meet customer needs.
8. Experience designing system solutions to meet business and technical
9. Experience conducting systems tests and establishing test plans.
10. Ability to solve problems using analytical skills.
11. Ability to coordinate work, including project planning, organizing,
and monitoring work progress to meet organizational goals.
12. Ability to work without immediate supervision.
13. Ability to work with others in a team environment.
14. Ability to read and understand job-related materials such as
instructions, specifications, references and manuals.
15. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
Applicant must be physically able to perform efficiently the duties of