BARGAINING UNIT QUALIFICATION STANDARD
(0332-0018) COMPUTER OPERATIONS SUPPORT SPECIALISTÂ?IT/ASC
March 13, 2008
Perform production support activities in accordance with production job
requirements and the production schedule.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
See the Standard Position Descriptions for the Occupation Codes given
This section is composed of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
which are required to satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position.
Applicants must demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each
KSA, to include at least minimum competency for senior-qualified
positions to enable them to perform these tasks satisfactorily.
Applicants demonstrate these levels by describing examples of
experience, education, or training, any of which may be non-postal.
Ratings are based on the demonstration of the level of possession of
each of the KSAs. Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying.
1. Experience operating peripheral equipment such as tape management
systems, mainframe high-speed printers or mail insertion equipment.
2. Experience monitoring software and/or hardware operations and
responding to problems.
3. Ability to troubleshoot mechanical equipment.
4. Ability to solve problems using analytical skills.
5. Ability to use common desktop software applications such as e-mail,
word processing and/or spreadsheet software (for example, Microsoft
Word, Excel, Outlook).
6. Ability to work without immediate supervision.
7. Ability to work with others in a team environment.
8. Ability to read and understand job-related materials such as
instructions, specifications, references and manuals.
9. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
Applicant must be physically able to perform efficiently the duties of