BARGAINING UNIT QUALIFICATION STANDARD
(0330-0001) COMPUTER SYSTEMS SCHEDULERÂ?IT/ASC
March 13, 2008
Coordinate and schedule all data operations production activity. Plan
and schedule computer systems activities; establish priorities and
monitor work progress.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
See the Standard Position Descriptions for the Occupation Codes given
This section is composed of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
which are required to satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position.
Applicants must demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each
KSA, to include at least minimum competency for senior-qualified
positions to enable them to perform these tasks satisfactorily.
Applicants demonstrate these levels by describing examples of
experience, education, or training, any of which may be non-postal.
Ratings are based on the demonstration of the level of possession of
each of the KSAs. Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying.
1. Experience scheduling production activities, including addressing
scheduling issues, such as JCL.
2. Experience monitoring computer production jobs, such as batch
processes and online application availability, including addressing
3. Experience monitoring software and/or hardware operations and
responding to problems.
4. Experience coordinating maintenance for software and/or hardware
5. Experience writing standard operating procedures.
6. Ability to coordinate work, including project planning, organizing,
and monitoring work progress to meet organizational goals.
7. Ability to solve problems using analytical skills.
8. Ability to use common desktop software applications such as e-mail,
word processing, and/or spreadsheet software (for example, Microsoft
Word, Excel, Outlook).
9. Ability to work without immediate supervision.
10. Ability to work with others in a team environment.
11. Ability to read and understand job-related materials such as
instructions, specifications, references and manuals.
12. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
Applicant must be physically able to perform efficiently the duties of