BARGAINING UNIT QUALIFICATION STANDARD
(0301-69XX) DATA COLLECTION TECHNICIAN
September 8, 2009
Collects, records, and analyzes a variety of statistical data on
selected operating and financial activities in an installation in order
to serve management needs for these data.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
See the Standard Position Description for the Occupation Code given
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
This section is composed
of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) which are required to
satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position. Applicants must
demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each KSA, to include
at least minimum competency for senior-qualified positions to enable
them to perform these tasks satisfactorily. Applicants demonstrate
these levels by describing examples of experience, education, or
training, any of which may be non-postal. Ratings are based on the
demonstration of the level of possession of each of the KSAs. Failure
to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying.
1. Knowledge of postal administrative procedures and mail
2. Knowledge of computer systems at a level sufficient to operate
keyboard devices, input data, and obtain reports and information.
3. Ability to use written reference materials including handbooks,
manuals, charts, bulletins, directives, and checklists.
4. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing at a level
sufficient to interpret and exchange information, answer questions, and
5. Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
6. Ability to compare names, letters, or numbers for accuracy and
7. Ability to detect patterns to determine how a set of numbers of
data are related to each other.
8. Ability to prepare forms, records, tables, and reports.
9. Ability to positively and effectively work and deal with others.
10. Ability to plan and execute work activities without direct
supervision, accomplishing tasks to meet deadlines.
1. Applicants must be physically able to perform efficiently the
duties of the position. Duties may require arduous exertion involving
bending or lifting for prolonged periods of time; and
intermittent lifting and carrying of computer equipment and materials on
level surfaces and up stairways.
2. Applicants must have vision of 20/40 (Snellen) in one eye and the
ability to read without strain printed material the size of typewritten
characters. Corrective lenses are permitted.
3. Applicants are required to hear the conversational voice in a
noisy environment and to identify environmental sounds, such as
equipment in operation or unusual sounds. Hearing aids are permitted.
Before being appointed and permitted to drive a
government-owned vehicle as an employee, applicants must have a valid
state driver's license, and demonstrate and maintain a safe driving
record. Applicants must pass the Postal Service road test to show the
ability to safely drive a vehicle of the type used on the job.