BARGAINING UNIT QUALIFICATION STANDARD
(0301-48XX) GENERAL CLERK, VMF
November 3, 2012
Assists with, and performs a variety of clerical and routine
administrative duties in a motor vehicle maintenance facility.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
See the Standard Position Description for the Occupation Code given
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
This section is composed
of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) which are required to
satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position. Applicants must
demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each KSA, to include
at least minimum competency for senior-qualified positions to enable
them to perform these tasks satisfactorily. Applicants demonstrate
these levels by describing examples of experience, education, or
training, any of which may be non-postal. Ratings are based on the
demonstration of the level of possession of each of the KSAs. Failure
to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying.
1. Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
2. Ability to read and understand instructions.
3. Ability to perform basic arithmetic computations.
4. Ability to operate office machines such as calculator, adding
machine, duplicating machine, etc., if required.
5. Ability to analyze, explain, and apply laws, regulations,
rulings, and procedures pertinent to the work to be performed.
6. Ability to work with others.
7. Ability to schedule work, either materials or people.
Applicants must demonstrate clerical and
verbal abilities. This must be demonstrated by successful completion of
Postal Service Test 710.
Applicants must be physically able to perform
efficiently the duties of the position.