|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
PACKER SHIPPER (M7-04)
OCCUPATION CODE: 7002-03XX
Performs work involved in packaging and shipping items printed in the label printing center, and, in the receipt and storage of supplies used in the center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Removes and/or receives completed nonstandard labels, facing slips and scheme cards from production area and arranges items in lots for shipping.
2. Withdraws from storage, standard items needed to complete requisition and combines lots for packaging; reports withdrawals to maintain inventory.
3. Assures that labels and facing slips as ordered are properly packaged, sealed and labeled for delivery to correct postal installations; loads packages on rolling equipment and takes them to dispatch area.
4. Receives, examines and stores supplies of paper stock, stencils, ink, cartons, etc; in stock room or designated storage area; reports additions and withdrawals to maintain current inventory.
5. Places sufficient quantities of paper stock in production area to meet normal daily needs of machine operators.
6. Verifies the shipping destination of finished goods.
7. Performs on the spot quality evaluation prior to packaging finished goods.
8. Consults with supervisor in determining economic lot size of products to be shipped and most convenient packaging size and configuration.
9. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor in label printing center.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 7002-03XX|