|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
GRP LDR WAREHOUSING (C7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 6960-1001
Serves as a working leader of a group of at least five (5) packer-warehousmen performing manual and clerical functions involved in receiving, shipping, warehousing, rewarehousing, inventorying, sorting, packing, unpacking, and replenishment of storage areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversees employees and participates directly in activities related to storage, maintenance, replenishment, surveillance, modification, and selection and packing of material for shipment; resolves routine problems arising during assigned tour.
2. Makes adjustments in work assignments as necessary to meet fluctuating workloads and maintain most efficient operation.
3. Evaluates changes in storage requirements when material is to be added or deleted from stock; makes necessary adjustments ensuring adequate space is provided.
4. Operates forklift, warehouse towing tractor, or truck.
5. Oversees multiple volume storage, stacking, and palletizing of a variety of material; recognizes container characteristics and suitability for sustaining weight; ensures adherence to established storage and pallet patterns.
6. Oversees selection and movement of material called for by requisitions, labels, back-orders, stock transfer notices or other documents from storage to shipping area; reports errors for corrective action.
7. Ensures first-in, first-out principle is adhered to; detects discrepancies which may hinder correct selection or inventory of stock; eliminates multiple storage locations of identical items.
8. Operates computer terminals for stock status inquiries and data entry; operates electronic barcoding equipment in the receipt, identification, inventory, storage, and distribution of materials.
9. Provides instruction in proper warehousing methods, including receiving, shipping, storing and packing.
10. Observes all safety and fire rules, regulations, and procedures; ensures that work area is kept clean and orderly.
11. Maintains daily production reports in assigned work area.
12. Participates in physical inventories/cycle counts; reconciles discrepancies.
13. Requisitions packing supplies and equipment necessary for packing operation.
14. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 04/04/1994||Occ Code: 6960-1001|