|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
TOOL & PARTS CLK (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 6904-01XX
Requisitions, receives, stores, issues, and accounts for a wide variety of parts, tools and supplies used in the maintenance of motor vehicles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Selects, issues, and accounts for items requested by users; maintains follow-up on items to be returned; fills requisitions from within the organization and from other postal installations for stock; uses knowledge of the stock, familiarity with maintenance operations, and reference to catalogs or parts lists to supply proper items of stock to using personnel.
2. Prepares and submits requisitions to maintain prescribed levels of mechanical, electrical, engineering and custodial stock items; requisitions special items on request.
3. Receives, unloads, unpacks, and checks stock against corresponding requisitions and invoices; reconciles variations in quantity, specifications, and condition; puts away shipments received as well as items returned by users.
4. Relocates stock to make room for new items or use space more effectively.
5. Inventories stock on hand either on a perpetual, periodic or special basis, traces shortages; searches for misplaced items; recommends changes in stock levels based upon usage experience.
6. Maintains stock records showing such information as nomenclature, stock number, stock levels, location, receipts, issues, and balances on hand; performs other record keeping functions such as filling out tags and issuing documents.
7. Performs other duties, as assigned, such as, assuming responsibility for operation of the stockroom in cases where the incumbent is the sole employee, or may oversee one or two employees such as supply clerks or stock record clerks; selecting, packing and shipping stock to fill requisitions; performing minor maintenance on tools such as oiling, greasing, sharpening and replacing wooden handles; receiving trouble calls and relaying to maintenance.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
Senior Qualified when utilized within the Motor Vehicle craft. Best Qualified when utilized within the Maintenance craft.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 05/08/2001||Occ Code: 6904-01XX|