|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT MECHANIC (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 5828-01XX
Maintains, repairs, overhauls, and inspects battery operated industrial equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Locates the causes of malfunctions or failures; repairs, adjust, and overhauls industrial equipment; such as verti lifts, fork lifts, etc.
2. Dismantles and reassembles industrial equipment components; repairs and replaces parts and assembles; overhauls brakes and hydraulic systems.
3. Repairs or replaces electrical control systems and wiring.
4. Repairs, adjusts, and maintains battery charges; repairs, cleans and charges batteries; replaces plugs and cables as necessary.
5. Greases and lubricates industrial equipment according to maintenance specifications.
6. Uses and maintains manufacturers' parts and repair manuals.
7. Uses various hand tools, gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
8. Maintains the necessary maintenance and repair records and prepares required reports.
9. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
Senior Qualified when filled from preferred assignment register (PAR). Best Qualified when filled from promotion eligibility register (PER).
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 12/20/1976||Occ Code: 5828-01XX|