|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
AUTOMOTIVE MECHANIC (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 5823-0006
Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and performs routine repairs and scheduled maintenance on all types of motor vehicles used in the postal fleet.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Removes and replaces defective and worn parts as necessary; disassembles, cleans and replaces re-usable parts; requests replacement parts.
2. Changes fluids and filters; performs routine adjustments necessary to maintain safety, operational performance, and vehicle driveability.
3. Performs maintenance and repairs resulting from normal preventive maintenance inspections.
4. Performs electrical repairs and/or replaces electrical items and system components.
5. Performs road calls; road tests vehicles as necessary before and after maintenance and repairs.
6. Reviews historical records of service performed on vehicles; prepares and updates vehicle service records, annotates repairs and other pertinent data on work orders.
7. Operates standard automotive test equipment necessary to perform routine service and repairs.
8. Repairs air, mechanical, and hydraulic brake systems as required; removes and replaces engine blocks, transmissions , drive shafts, universal joints, rear end differentials and other major drive train components including the removal replacement of wiring, hoses, etc.
9. Removes, replaces and adjusts vehicle hardware and other related parts.
10. Follows all established safety practices and procedures; complies with all postal, local, state and federal environmental regulations and policies.
Manager, Vehicle Maintenance; Supervisor, Vehicle Maintenance; or other designated supervisor.
|Doc Date: 08/19/2000||Occ Code: 5823-0006|