|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
TRUCK DRIVER-HEAVY (K7-05)
OCCUPATION CODE: 5755-0001
Drives heavy truck in the transportation of heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies between the various metropolitan office sites and warehouses in outlying areas. This position provides services for U. S. Postal Service Headquarters facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Drives a heavy vehicle, of up to five ton capacity, between the headquarters and outlying warehouses, and commercial business and hotels.
2. Oversees and assists with the loading and unloading of the vehicles; this including use of the proper loading equipment, and the securing of the equipment in the truck to prevent damage.
3. Drives light vehicles including station wagons and light trucks.
4. Plans and lays out the route of delivery and pick-up, checks bills of lading, receipts, and other documents to ensure accountability; and maintains the schedule.
5. Conducts vehicle maintenance checks, and makes minor repairs.
6. Maintains a first-hand knowledge of the motor vehicle codes, both the municipal requirements and the Postal Service regulations which apply to heavy vehicles.
Reports to supervisor of unit to which assigned or Supervisor, Maintenance.
Senior Qualified when filled from the same level and occupational group (preferred duty assignment). Best Qualified when filled from any other position.
|Doc Date: 11/16/2012||Occ Code: 5755-0001|