|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
MATERIALS HANLDING EQUIP OPER (P7-05)
OCCUPATION CODE: 5704-01XX
Operates power driven materials handling equipment to move and place stock; also works alone or as a member of a group performing general laboring work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operates power-driven forklifts to transport and stack heavy objects and materials; reports faulty operation of equipment in order that necessary service or repairs may be obtained.
2. Loads and unloads freights cars and trucks.
3. Wheels or carries supplies and materials to and away from various locations.
4. Stacks supplies and materials in storage area, or stores same in specified bins or on shelves.
5. Participates in the rearrangement and moving of heavy pieces of machinery or other equipment such as conveyors.
6. Performs other duties as assigned, such as, operating track-mounted, overhead power lift; motor vehicles on occasion for short runs to pick up and deliver supplies and equipment; perform minor maintenance on materials handling equipment; overseeing order fillers or laborers assigned to loading, unloading and other materials handling activities; cleaning up around work areas and equipment; tending the lawn, shrubbery, and premises of the building; and cleaning ice and snow from sidewalks and driveaways.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
Senior Qualified when filled from Laborer Materials Handling (Lvl 3), 3502-14XX, SP 1-11. Best Qualified when filled from any other position.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 5704-01XX|