|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
DRIVING SAFETY INSTRUCTOR (P7-08)
OCCUPATION CODE: 5703-0006
Conducts vehicle familiarizations, vehicle operator training, driver instructor training and certification, driver improvement and refresher training, as well as coaches and observes driving practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reviews and assists Human Resource personnel with state driving abstracts.
2. Instructs classroom and facilities web-base driver training and conducts controlled drivers training.
3. Administers vehicle familiarization, skills course training and conducts controlled drivers training.
4. Coordinates and provides driving instructor training and certification to ad-hoc driving safety Instructors.
5. Coaches and mentors employees and observes driving practices, ensuring drivers are applying and demonstrating learned skill sets.
6. Conducts driver improvement documents training in appropriate national database.
7. Prepares reports as required noting number of observations performed as well as count by deficiencies and type observed; maintains employee driving records in accordance with duties and responsibilities.
8. May perform other safety and training related activities in support of primary duties.
Manager, Safety (District) or Safety Specialist (TL)
Best Qualified selection, on an office wide basis, regardless of craft. Note: Rural carriers are not eligible to bid for this position.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 01/20/2018||Occ Code: 5703-0006|