|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
STATIONARY ENGINEER (P7-08)
OCCUPATION CODE: 5415-01XX
Maintains and operates a large automated air conditioning system and a large steam heating system for a large postal installation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains and operates a large automated air conditioning system during the season.
2. Maintains and operates a large steam heating system during the season.
3. Reads schematics, blueprints, wiring diagrams, and specifications to locate and correct malfunctions and failures.
4. Diagnosis malfunctions on boilers and air conditioning units, using diagnostic equipment, and uses hand and power tools in the repair and maintenance of the units.
5. Oversees the work of mechanics and helpers as assigned; provides instructions and on-the-job training in proper and safe work practices and methods.
6. Performs in-process and final operational tests of work completed by lower level maintenance mechanics.
7. Monitors, identifies, and evaluates normal or abnormal trends in building equipment systems.
8. Occasionally performs other job-related tasks to support the primary duties.
Supervisor, Building Equipment Maintenance; or other designated supervisor.
Senior Qualified when filled from preferred assignment register (PAR). Best Qualified when filled from promotion eligibility register (PER).
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 04/29/1986||Occ Code: 5415-01XX|