|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
VENDING MACHINES MECHANIC (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 4801-04XX
Travels to post offices in an assigned area, installing and maintaining stamp vending machines. Informs designated employees in post offices on preventive maintenance, adjustment, minor repairs and parts replacement practices, and maintains stock of repair parts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Uncrates, checks for intransit damage, and installs stamp vending machines at predetermined locations; advises on preparation of openings in screenline panels as required; insures that electrical circuits are grounded or otherwise meet specifications, but does not normally extend or revise electrical building circuits; runs coin tests and stamp tests to insure proper functioning.
2. Informs designated employees at post offices in the area on loading machines with stamps and coins, and in routine preventive maintenance and servicing procedures including cleaning, adjusting, and minor repairs; instructs on use of check lists for local trouble shooting purposes by correspondence and telephone; gives advice and assistance concerning malfunctioning or inoperable machines.
3. Repairs vending machines in shop, or at post offices in the service area when required service is beyond local capability; removes and replaces defective plug-in component units; cleans and overhauls defective units by replacing worn or broken parts and adjusting units to function properly; cleans, but performs only minor repairs and routine adjustments on, coin rejector units.
4. Uses manufacturers' manuals containing electrical, mechanical and operational diagrams, as well as detailed descriptive material, in vending machine installation and maintenance activities.
5. Maintains stock of plug-in units and parts sufficient to keep equipment in repair without unnecessary delay; prepares replenishment orders for additional units and parts as required.
6. Reports transfers of machines; prepares and completes work orders to cover work and parts on machines serviced; reports time, expenses and mileage on official vehicles, and performs other routine record keeping and related activities.
7. Observes established safety practices and procedures.
8. In addition, may service and repair office appliances, involving duties and responsibilities such as those of an Office Appliance Repairman.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
Senior Qualified when filled from preferred assignment register (PAR). Best Qualified when filled from promotion eligibility register (PER).
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 04/04/1994||Occ Code: 4801-04XX|