|List of Positions
BUILDING MAINTENANCE CUSTODIAN (P7-05)
OCCUPATION CODE: 4749-10XX
Serves as the principal maintenance service employee in a facility where no maintenance service employee of a higher level is provided. Participates in the normal laboring, cleaning, and maintenance activities required to keep the building, equipment and grounds in proper condition.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs all custodial and maintenance functions at a small facility. Maintains custody of necessary equipment, tools and supplies.
2. Performs a variety of routine maintenance service on building equipment, mail processing equipment, customer service equipment, and delivery service equipment. Performs designated letter box and Neighborhood Collection Delivery Box Unit maintenance and repair work performed at a small post office.
3. Makes minor carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical repairs such as: replacing fuses, fluorescent tubes and light bulbs, replacing faucet washers, opening clogged drains, cleaning and oiling hampers and replacing canvas, repairing postal furniture such as distribution cases, and preparing surplus equipment for shipment.
4. May assist higher level technician, directly or remotely, in executing simple tasks, including direct replacement of equipment elements per detailed instruction.
5. Operates simple heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems and performs designated maintenance and repair operations of a routine nature.
6. Performs custodial duties such as but not limited to, cleaning and scrubbing floors, dusting furniture and fixtures, cleaning walls and windows, cleaning hardware and toilet fixtures, caring for lawns and shrubs, cleaning sidewalks and driveways.
7. In addition, may serve as a working leader to one or more Custodians and/or Cleaners engaged in general laboring and cleaning duties.
Postmaster or other designated supervisor.
Senior Qualified when filled from preferred assignment register (PAR). Best Qualified when filled from promotion eligibility register (PER).
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994
|Occ Code: 4749-10XX