|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 4749-03XX
Independently performs semiskilled preventive, corrective and predictive maintenance tasks associated with the upkeep and operation of various types of mail processing, buildings and building equipment, customer service and delivery equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Independently performs preventive maintenance and minor repairs on plumbing, heating, refrigeration, air-conditioning low-voltage electrical systems, and other building systems and equipment.
2. Performs preventive maintenance and routine repairs on simple control circuitry, bearings, chains, sprockets, motors, belts and belting, and other moving parts or wearing surfaces of equipment.
3. Assembles, installs, replaces, repairs, modifies and adjusts all types of small operating equipment such as letter boxes mechanical scales, stamp vending equipment, building service equipment, mailhandling equipment and related equipment.
4. Under the direction of skilled maintenance employees, or clearly written instructions from either hard copy or electronic format, performs specific tasks related to disassembling equipment, replacing parts, relocating and reassembling equipment; assists higher level workers in locating and repairing equipment malfunctions.
5. Maintains an awareness of equipment operation, especially excessive heat, vibration, and noise, reporting malfunctions hazards or wear to supervisor.
6. Uses a variety of hand and power tools, gauging devices and test equipment required, or as directed, to perform the above tasks.
7. May drive a vehicle to transport tools, equipment, employees materials or in the normal performance of assigned duties.
8. Completes or initiates work record sheets, as required. Takes readings from meters, gauges, counters and other monitoring and measuring devices. Maintains logs and other required records; reports on breakdowns and equipment being tested.
9. Follows established safety practices and requirements while performing all duties.
10. May serve as a working leader over a group of lower level employees assigned to a specific task.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 02/16/2008||Occ Code: 4749-03XX|