|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
FACILITY MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (K7-09)
OCCUPATION CODE: 4749-0006
Performs involved troubleshooting and complex maintenance work throughout the systems of the building and building equipment. Performs preventive maintenance and preventive maintenance inspections of buildings, building equipment, and building systems. Maintains and operates a large automated air conditioning system and large heating system, and/or other complex building systems. This position provides service for the US Postal Service Headquarters facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs preventive maintenance inspections of building equipment. Initiates work orders requesting corrective actions for conditions below standard; assists in the estimating of time and materials required. Recommends changes in maintenance procedures and practices to provide the proper level of maintenance; assists in the revision of preventive maintenance checklists and the frequency of performing preventive maintenance routes. In instances of serious equipment failures, conducts investigation to determine the cause of the breakdown and to recommend remedial action to prevent recurrence.
2. Performs the more difficult testing, diagnosis, maintenance, adjustment and revision work on building and building equipment by applying trade knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, or hydraulic controls and operating mechanisms of equipment. Performs troubleshooting and repair of complex supervisory group control panels, readout and feedback circuits, and associated mechanical and electrical components throughout the installation; locates and corrects malfunctions in triggering and other electro-mechanical and electronic circuits. Repairs, overhauls, and installs building operating equipment, protective systems and devices. Keeps abreast of current maintenance criteria and effects repairs accordingly.
3. Repairs, installs and troubleshoots Energy Management Systems, Direct digital controls and components, and fire alarm systems and components; interfaces with program software within Energy Management System and fire alarm system to add, modify, and repair points and components operating within the computer software.
4. Installs electrical equipment such as switches, outlet boxes, breakers, circuits, and other complicated systems.
5. Repairs electro-mechanically operated equipment related to the building or building systems. Repairs, installs, modifies, and maintains building safety systems, support systems and equipment.
6. Reports the circumstances surrounding equipment failures and recommends measures for their correction.
7. Reads and interprets schematics, blueprints, wiring diagrams, and specifications in locating and correcting potential or existing malfunctions and failures.
8. Provides emergency service and makes repairs to all plumbing and HVAC systems; prepares report to supervisor or the manufacturer if the system is under warranty.
9. Uses necessary hand and power tools, specialized equipment, guaging devices, and both electrical and electronic test equipment.
10. Works on ladders, scaffolds, vertilift, and rigging within heights common to the facility; works under various weather conditions outdoors.
11. Makes reports of unsatisfactory conditions relating to equipment damage, equipment failure classification, and deficiencies. Makes recommendations for equipment improvements, operations, and fabrication.
12. May oversee the work of lower level maintenance employees, advising and instructing them on proper and safe work methods and checking for adherence to instructions; performs in-process and final operational checks and tests of work completed by lower level maintenance employees.
13. May drive a vehicle to transport tools, equipment, employees, materials, or in the normal performance of assigned duties.
14. Performs other job-related tasks in support of primary duties.
Reports to supervisor of unit to which assigned or Supervisor, Maintenance
Senior Qualified when filled from the same level and Occupational group (preferred duty assignment). Best Qualified when filled from any other position.
|Doc Date: 11/16/2012||Occ Code: 4749-0006|