|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
FACILITY MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (K7-08)
OCCUPATION CODE: 4749-0005
Performs preventive maintenance, operational checks, maintenance, servicing and repair work on equipment associated with air conditioning, heating, plumbing, electrical, and other building systems; performs building modifications, maintenance, and repairs, including locksmith duties, painting and carpentry work at a headquarters related postal facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Tours the entire facility regularly to observe the operation of equipment, read meters and gauges, and adjust dampers and valves as necessary to regulate the output of air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, and ventilation equipment.
2. Troubleshoots, repairs, overhauls, and installs building operating equipment, protective systems, and devices. Keeps abreast of current maintenance criteria and effects repairs accordingly.
3. Observes the various components of the building systems in operation and applies appropriate testing methods and procedures to insure continued proper operation.
4. Installs electrical equipment such as switches, outlet boxes, breakers, circuits, and other complicated systems.
5. Installs or alters building equipment and circuits as directed.
6. Reads and interprets schematics, blueprints, wiring diagrams, and specifications in locating and correcting potential or existing malfunctions and failures.
7. Repairs electro-mechanically operated equipment related to the building or building systems. Repairs, installs, modifies, and maintains building safety systems, support systems and equipment; performs carpentry work and painting.
8. Performs both major and minor repair and maintenance of plumbing systems, associated component parts, and related building equipment.
9. Prepares plumbing systems layouts and obtains required equipment and supplies. Inspects, tests, repairs, and performs preventive maintenance on plumbing systems and equipment.
10. Performs locksmith work such as installing and replacing lock sets, panic bars, door closers, and other related door hardware; creates duplicate keys as needed.
11. May drive a vehicle to transport tools, equipment, employees, materials, or in the normal performance of assigned duties.
12. Works on ladders, scaffolds, vertilift, and rigging within heights common to the facility; works under various weather conditions outdoors.
13. Performs other job-related tasks in support of primary duties.
Reports to Supervisor, Maintenance
Senior Qualified when filled from the same level and Occupational group (preferred duty assignment). Best Qualified when filled from any other position.
|Doc Date: 11/16/2012||Occ Code: 4749-0005|