|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 4749-0004
Independently performs a variety of low technical and semiskilled tasks in various trades and crafts; assists higher level maintenance employees in the performance of preventive, corrective and predictive maintenance tasks that require additional knowledge, skills, and abilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Independently inspects conveyors; cleans, lubricates, adjusts and makes minor repairs of a routine nature to mechanized mail processing, mail handling, delivery and/or building equipment; performs mail searches and clears jams and blockages.
2. Makes minor repairs to electrical systems, motors and case lights;assemble, disassembles, and repairs equipment or furniture performs minor painting jobs and assists in major painting jobs.
3. Under the direction of skilled maintenance employees, locates and corrects sources of trouble and performs repair, relocation or modification of equipment or systems, disassembles equipment, and replaces parts of components.
4. Maintains an awareness of equipment operation especially excessive heat, vibration, and noise; reports obvious equipment malfunctions, hazards or wear to supervisor.
5. May drive a vehicle to transport tools, equipment, employees, material or in the normal performance of assigned duties.
6. Completes or initiates work record sheets, as required. Maintains required records and takes readings from meters, gauges, counters and other monitoring and measuring devices.
7. Follows established safety practices and requirements while performing all duties.
8. Uses necessary hand and power tools, gauging devices, and test equipment as required in the course of assigned duties.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisor of the unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 02/16/2008||Occ Code: 4749-0004|