|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
MAINTENANCE HELPER (K7-05)
OCCUPATION CODE: 4701-0001
Performs less complicated duties and assists other maintenance mechanics and electricians with the operation, maintenance and repair of refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilating, and heating equipment. This position provides services for U. S. Postal Service Headquarters facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists other maintenance mechanics and electricians in performing the following: A. Cleaning air handling units of the heating-refrigeration system. B. Repairing plumbing system components. C. Testing, detecting and diagnosing troubles in heating and air conditioning units. D. Accomplishing minor building modifications.
2. Inspects air handling units to ensure that the proper temperature is maintained; makes minor adjustments only.
3. Responds to complaints relating to temperature and humidity factors; adjusts valves and controls associated with complaints.
4. Makes minor repairs to and adjusts water coolers and other simple equipment.
5. Reads meters and guages, as necessary, and maintains related logs and other records.
6. Under proper guidance, assists in the installation of electrical equipment.
7. Makes minor repairs to all building systems, installs fluorescent tubes and lamps.
8. Occasionally performs work incident to other maintenance trades.
Reports to supervisor of unit to which assigned or Supervisor, Maintenance
Senior Qualified when filled from the same level and Occupational group (preferred duty assignment). Best Qualified when filled from any other position.
|Doc Date: 11/16/2012||Occ Code: 4701-0001|