|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
OCCUPATION CODE: 4607-02XX
Performs carpentry operations in the fabrication of new work and in the repair or addition to existing structures and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs rough and finish work involved in the erection, repair, and modification of such structural and other members of the building as framing, floors, doors, trim, window frames, screen lines, shelves, bins, hampers, and trucks.
2. Does necessary hand and shop work to construct or repair doors, screens, drawers and the less intricate or fine articles of furniture.
3. Selects proper sizes and types of materials; marks, cuts, shapes, fits, and assembles such materials.
4. Operates shop machinery, as required, and uses the hand and power tools of the trade.
5. Works from drawings, sketches, and general instructions.
6. In addition, may perform work incident to other trades ,as required.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
Senior Qualified when filled from preferred assignment register (PAR). Best Qualified when filled from promotion eligibility register (PER).
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 03/18/2006||Occ Code: 4607-02XX|