|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
OPERATOR COMPUTRIZD LABEL PRINTING (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 4401-10XX
Operates a personal computer and other peripheral equipment to generate pressure sensitive labels and related products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Produces pressure sensitive case labels, card stock, rack readers, LSM labels, and other labels used by postal installations in the distribution and dispatch of mails.
2. Makes frequent changes in the preparation of such labels and operates equipment used to produce these items.
3. Reviews requisitions, memorandums, and other documents to determine size, leading, point size, and font and pica measurements for computer input.
4. Produces current changes in the printing of pressure sensitive labels from mailing directions, case rack diagrams, and changes issued by Headquarters to ensure proper size and format of labels.
5. Proof reads compositions to ensure compliance with request.
6. Prepares workstation, loads appropriate software depending on job, and prepares peripheral equipment, such as printers, for processing.
7. Verifies accuracy of requisitions, assembles nonstandard and standard labels, and ensures proper packing and labeling of shipments to postal facilities.
8. Receives, examines, stores, and maintains inventory of stocked items.
9. Performs miscellaneous office and typing duties.
10. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 04/06/1994||Occ Code: 4401-10XX|