|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
LABEL PRINTING TECH (M7-05)
OCCUPATION CODE: 4401-06XX
Produces case labels, scheme cards, rack headers, label and facing slips used by post offices and other postal installations in the distribution and dispatch of mails; operates and services machines used to produce these items.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Sets up and operates label printing machines to produce labels and facing slips; adjusts machines for either labels or facing slips and for differing size and weight of stock.
2. Prepares metal plates on graphotype, cutting, bending, shaping and affixing metal stock to printing arms to provide good printing rings.
3. Maintains current up-to-date stencil sets, making changes in the sets from mailing directions and case rack diagrams furnished, and changes issued by the regional schemes and routing office to insure proper direction of mail within the installations and in transit to destinations.
4. Based on knowledge of mail distribution methods gives instructions to the typist to make necessary corrections in format, title abbreviations, and symbols on new stencils.
5. Verifies new or changed stencils prepared, removes stencils no longer authorized and inserts new or changed stencils in the sets in proper sequence of printing and usage. Recommends elimination or combining of sets when size of set no longer meets departmental criteria.
6. Ensures the quality of machine output by proper inking, maintenance of proper margins and performing other adjustments designed to produce maximum legibility.
7. Frequently makes revisions based on notice of changes after production has started and where correctness of revisions are dependent on technician's knowledge and experience.
8. Maintains machines in proper working order, operating to prevent breakdowns but maintaining maximum production; oils, cleans parts and makes minor repairs to machines.
Supervisor in label printing center.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 4401-06XX|