|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
COMP PRINT LN PROD OPER (M7-05)
OCCUPATION CODE: 4401-02XX
Operates and monitors production effectiveness of assigned print lines and to interface with the computer system through the controls on the computer and on each piece of print line equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Energizes remote print line computers and other equipment such as printers, dereelers, cutter-slitter, and stacker tyers that make up the print line in the production of labels, facing, slips, and other printed matter.
2. Synchronizes functions between the printer and separation subsystem whenever power has been turned off on the printer.
3. Ensures that operating controls are performing properly to bring the desired print lines on line.
4. Replenishes supplies to the print line to ensure continuity of production.
5. Monitors print lines to ensure quality of the operation.
6. Performs minor maintenance and clears jams; notifies maintenance personnel when repairs are needed.
7. Operates multilith and/or other printing equipment during emergencies or need for increased production.
8. Operates Elliott Label Printing Machine in the production of scheme cards and over-sized airmail and express mail cards.
9. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor, of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 4401-02XX|